Some more goodness from Paula Deen, Hidden Kisses
Original Source: Paula Deen
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
* 1 (9-ounce) package Hershey’s Kisses
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts.
Stir in the flour and blend well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Unwrap the candy kisses.
Press a scant tablespoon of dough around each kiss, covering it completely; shape into balls.
Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool slightly, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Roll the cookies in confectioners’ sugar.
Results: Very good. They taste a lot like the Cuban Cookies – but with a Hershey Kiss!